I was approached by the IT Committee Chair and asked to create a landing page for an upcoming media campaign with an updated design. Once the requirements were set, I got to work coming up with a few mockup designs and sent them over to the Chair for review. A design was chosen and development began.
Prior to programming, I arranged a photographer to come in for a photo session. Part of the design required watermarked images of ambulances behind the logo. In the mockup, I used stock images. However, in the actual design, I wanted to use the actual ambulances. This proved difficult to coordinate, as all the vehicles could not be photographed at once because calls for service kept them busy. A work-around was to take individual photographs and manually edit them into one image.
My goal was to construct a simple design that could be easily viewed by the widest audience. During the testing/QA phase of the project, I had to implement a .png fix for images with alpha-transparency to display properly in Internet Explorer version 6, which was the oldest browser tested for.
A logo image using their media campaign’s font was supplied prior to the site going live. The Chair was pleased with the results, and has since requested that the entire site be re-styled using the new design. This included the use of a jQuery plugin, called jQuery Morphing Gallery, to clean up a few image galleries. The photos taken by the photographer were re-sized in Photoshop and placed in the jQuery slideshow. Additionally, icons were added on the Contact page for information clarification. Lastly, a custom favicon was added for further personality.
- Custom PHP development
- Social Media
The site was launched in 2009 and has since been replaced.